Lab & Equipment
NDCH‘s vast infrastructure and support system is reflected in the following mentioned equipment and medical facilities held department-wise :
Oral Medicine and Radiology
- Intra Oral camera
- Digital camera
- Digital pulp testers
- Vital staining
- Trans-cutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation Therapy equipment
- Intra Oral Radiography machine
- Extra Oral Radiography (100mA with Bucky )machine
- OPG with Cephalometry machine
- Radio VisioGraphy machine
- Automatic Extra Oral Radiographic Film Processor
- Automatic Intra Oral Radiographic Film Processor
- Sialography Equipment with imported cannulae
- Conventional biopsy kits
- Punch biopsy kits
- Sphygmomanometers with stethoscopes
- Tobacco cessation Clinic.
Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge
The department hosts over 50 dental chairs, special implant clinic and designated dental lab with all necessary equipment. All labs are well staffed with 6 technicians, and they are all under control of an Associate Professor to maintain the quality of work.
Spread over approximately 10,000Sft with the 44 dental chairs, the department is equipped with ultrasonic units, air polishing units and light cure composite restoration kits deemed necessities in dental health.
Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics :
- A three dimensional cephalometric software (DENSOFT)
- A Digital Camera (NIKON – D 70 SLR With 105 mm macro lens)
- Hydro solder Unit
- Well equipped seminar room
Paedodontics & Preventive Dentistry
- Apex locators with pulp testers
- Radiovisiography (RVG)
- Advanced Materials for Preventive and Therapeutic Oral health Care
- Colorful Play area with television sets for cartoon viewing
- Conscious sedation facility to perform dental procedures under sedation and general anesthesia for children who are too young to cooperate for dental procedures, and mentally and physically challenged children.
- Main Operation theatres available at the Narayana General and Super specialty Hospitals for performing lengthy dental procedures in children with different behaviours and care needs.
Public Health Dentistry
- Over 25 fully equipped dental units, sterilization areas, and an exclusive ambulance for hospital and on-camp training purposes
- Elaborate referral systems in specialized care for lower socio-economic population strata
- Audio visual equipment as public education tools : CCTV, LCD, Projector, OHP.
- Well stocked library and seminar halls for research and discussion.